Littleton Whole House Seasonal Checks
Provided by A Handy Man LLC, Your Littleton Whole House Seasonal Checks Professionals
Contact Us Today
Request A Quote
For many, home ownership can be the key to financial success. It is most often the greatest investment that many people will make in their lifetime. There is nothing like owning your own home and building your net worth for the future.
However, along with all the positives associated with owning a home, there are potential pitfalls that can negatively impact this major investment. Service calls, repairs, property damage and more can come with a home not looked after and properly maintained.
The good news is many of these pitfalls can be avoided if homeowners are proactive in maintaining the structures and systems within their home. But, as we all know, some of us are not handy or capable of handling these tasks since there are many items that must be inspected and serviced at any given time.
That’s when it is time to contact A Handyman LLC to help. We inspect and perform normal maintenance so you can avoid unnecessary and costly future repairs. We give you peace of mind knowing your home is safe and in good working order.
Importance Of Regular Home Maintenance
Similar to your car, a home needs regular maintenance to keep it running in optimum condition. But unlike a car, your home does not have an odometer, which shows a running total of mileage and can allow you to gauge when the next service is due. This is what makes it even more critical for homeowners to create a checklist of items to inspect and perform service when needed.
Most people don’t realize there are many systems within a house that, when neglected, can lead to poor health and overall dangerous living conditions. It makes much more sense to spend a little money up front to maintain your house, instead of waiting for something to break down unexpectedly, which can lead to a huge repair bill.
Littleton Whole House Seasonal Checks
There are many simple and cost effective maintenance steps that can be performed throughout the year to keep your home safe and functioning. A Handyman LLC can perform these and many other Littleton whole house seasonal checks for you.
These checks may seem small and inconsequential, but foregoing these tasks can lead to much more serious and costly problems down the line. Here is a list of items to include in your regular home maintenance schedule.
- Perform a battery check of all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in the house. On average, it’s best to replace the battery once a year. It’s important to note when the battery was last checked and perform this process every year at the same time.
- Check your humidifier filter, if you have a unit in the house. The filter for whole house humidifiers should be changed every winter/heating season. A dirty filter can expel mold and other debris in the air, which can lead to unhealthy living conditions
- Perform a check of your furnace filter and change if needed. Furnace filters are designed to trap dirt, dust, and other airborne particles and keep them from circulating in the house. In addition, a clean filter can prevent dust and debris from clogging the internal parts of your furnace and lead to a more efficient operation of the unit.
- If your home has a basement that contains windows at or just below ground level, then chances are you have window wells. This U-shaped, ribbed metal or plastic product is designed to fit around your basement window, usually to allow natural sunlight into the basement. Maintenance of your window well is critical to ensure water leaks don’t become a problem. The major concern with not maintaining your window well is leaves and other debris that may pile up within the well and clog the drainage system. This can cause standing water to accumulate up against the window and potentially seep through porous concrete and onto your basement walls or eventually cause cracks in the window. The easiest way to prevent this potential issue is to periodically check for any debris within the well and clean it out. This will allow the drainage system to operate more efficiently.
- Check for concrete cracks in your driveway or sidewalks. This may seem unimportant, but besides negatively affecting your curb appeal, untreated cracks can lead to water seeping into the joints, and eventually expanding the size of the crack. This can potentially lead to water damage or foundation problems, especially if the cracks are close to your house. The simplest way to treat cracks in your concrete is to fill them with caulk. This will ensure that the existing cracks will not expand any further and limit the chances of any water damage.
Although these simple maintenance tasks are not at the forefront of most homeowners’ minds, neglecting these checks can lead to an assortment of unnecessary problems.
It makes perfect sense to include these checks as part of your normal routine schedule and protect your greatest investment. But sometimes you are not equipped with the skills or time to complete them on your own.
When you need assistance in performing Littleton whole house seasonal checks, reach out to A Handyman, LLC. We will make sure your home stays in tip-top shape by providing preventative maintenance services on a regular basis. Give us a call today.