Littleton Home Energy Efficiency
Provided by A Handy Man LLC, Your Littleton Home Energy Efficiency Professionals
Contact Us Today
Request A Quote
Benefits Of Making Your Home More Energy-Efficient
- Reduced Utility Bills: An energy-efficient home makes more effective use of the energy produced, thereby reducing energy wastage, leading to reduced utility bills for the homeowner.
- Increased Financial Value Of The Home: For homeowners planning to put their home on the market, they will be happy to know that an energy-efficient home will have a positive influence on the market price of their home.
- Reduced Greenhouse Gas Emissions: With energy being used more efficiently, the house puts less demand on non-renewable sources of energy and helps the house have a lower carbon footprint, which is a huge plus in the current times when everyone needs to be as environmentally-conscious as possible.
Ways To Make Your Home More Energy-Efficient
- Upgrade Your Windows: WIndows can cause up to 40% of loss of heating or cooling energy. Installation of energy-efficient windows can reduce this energy wastage by a significant amount. The best option to consider is the installation of double-glazed windows. Alternatively, you can choose to make smaller upgrades such as having shutters, blinds, or awnings installed, or ensuring your current windows are close to being as airtight as possible.
- Update Your Hot Water System: Hot water systems use a lot of energy. Old ones tend to be inefficient and waste a lot of energy. Look into installing a modern, energy-saving hot water system.
- Improve Insulation Where Possible: You can lose a considerable amount of heating and cooling energy via your roofs and ceilings. This is why adding insulation to them is a great way of making your home more energy-efficient all year round. Insulation of exposed water pipes in the walls of the home can also help reduce energy loss.
- Move To Programmable Thermostats: Programmable thermostats can be programmed to provide heating and cooling as per the need of the day. This means heating and cooling is turned down at times when it is not needed as much, thus saving on energy consumption.
- Seal Air Leakage: Air leaks are considered to be one of the biggest culprits of causing energy wastage. You can make your home more energy-efficient by sealing doors and windows, and by sealing off electrical outlets as these are the most common places where air leaks occur.
- Use Energy-Efficient Lighting: Lighting also accounts for a significant portion of the energy consumed by the house. You can make your home more energy-efficient by replacing your incandescent bulbs with energy-saving LEDs and even CFLs. This will reduce your electricity bills considerably too.
- Add Ceiling Fans: Ceiling fans and attic fans can help air conditioning cool more effectively, thereby reducing the cooling energy required overall to cool the house.
Tax Incentives and Financing Options
For those of you concerned about the high cost of making changes to your home make it more energy-efficient, the good news is that there is a range of federal, state, and local tax rebate and incentive programs in place to motivate homeowners to become more energy-efficient.
What’s more, there is also energy-efficient financing available for homes being remodeled to become more energy-efficient. So, look into the incentives available and use them to the fullest to get your home all the energy-efficient upgrades possible.
Why Choose us for Your Littleton Home Energy Efficiency Improvements
If you are anywhere in the Littleton area and looking to get quality energy-efficient upgrades done for your home, then we are the people to call.
Operating in the area for over 10 years, we have considerable local experience and know exactly how to deliver premium quality upgrades that make your homes energy-efficient.
We offer some of the most competitive, professional services in the area and are proud to say that we have some of the most satisfied clients in the market.
If you still have questions on how to make your home more energy efficient, give us a call and we will be more than happy to help make your home a better place for you and more environmentally friendly for the planet.