Littleton Light Fixture Replacement
Provided by A Handy Man LLC, Your Littleton Light Fixture Replacement Professionals
Contact Us Today
Request A Quote
A light fixture serves the dual purpose of providing lighting and adding aesthetic appeal to a space. And, because light fixtures have such integral roles to play in a home, it is important to keep an eye on them and replace them when the need arises.
There are times, however, when you might need that extra hand to help handle your light fixture repair.
When you need help with your light fixture repair, call Travis at A Handy Man, LLC. We are the Littleton light fixture replacement experts and will be able not only fix what’s wrong but also provide expert advice on how best maintain it in order for there not be any future issues!
Signs It Is Time To Replace Your Lighting Fixture
- Flickering lights: If your lights are flickering, then the first thing to do is to check if the bulbs are tightly secured to the lighting fixture. If they are, and the lights are still flickering, then this could point to an electrical problem that indicates it might be time to replace your lighting fixture.
- Buzzing or popping sounds when switching the lights on: Switching on the light should be a silent process. If you hear unusual buzzing or popping noises, then this is a sign of potentially dangerous problems such as a circuit gap and it might be time for a lighting fixture change.
- A burning smell when switching on the light: If you experience a burning smell when switching on the light, power off immediately and contact an electrician.
- Outdated lighting fixtures: Your light fixtures might be working just fine and it might still be time to replace them. Why? Because they might be fulfilling their functional, light-providing role, but they might be failing to add to the aesthetic value of the space. If you have updated your decor and design and not changed your lighting fixture accordingly- and it is sticking out- then you know your light fixtures need changing. Additionally, if you have had your light fixtures for decades, then it is most likely they are not relevant to the current lighting trends and need upgrading. And finally, if the light color of your lighting fixture has become outdated, or it is a fixture that doesn’t have LED bulbs, then these are also signs that your light fixture has become dated and needs changing.
How To Replace Your Light Fixture As A DIY
If you have decided on replacing your light fixture and wish to make it a DIY project, then these are the steps to take in a standard light fixture-changing process:
- Turn the power off: The first thing you need to do is find the circuit breaker control for the room you will be working on and switch the circuit off. Turn the switch of the light off too.
- Remove the old fixture: This involves removing the cover and wire connectors, untwisting the wires, and removing the base of the fixture.
- Check the electrical box to which your light fixture will be attached: You need to first check if the electrical box is compatible with your new lighting fixture or not. If not, then you need to install a new, compatible one and if the existing box will do, then check to make sure it is tightly secured to its spot and is properly grounded.
- Connect the wires: Look up the manufacturer’s instructions and follow them to connect your new fixture’s wires with your home wires. A grounding wire- usually green- will connect to a grounding screw. Use a wire stripper to strip the protective covering of the new wires and connect their bare sections to the corresponding home wires. Connect the grounding wire. Screw on the wire connectors.
- Secure the base: Fold the wires into the electrical box or empty space. Following the manufacturer’s instructions, secure the fixture’s base to the electrical box.
- Install the recommended bulbs into your new fixture.
- Install the shade or cover of your lighting fixture.
Why Hire A Handy Man LLC For Your Littleton Light Fixture Replacement
While light fixture replacement can be done as a DIY, bear in mind that it is still a process that requires some basic skills, knowledge, and tools.
This is why it makes sense to hire a handyman to get the job done. Hiring us for the job is the right decision for you. Here’s why:
- We have been replacing light fixtures in the Littleton area for over ten years. Our experience makes us well-equipped to deal with fixture replacements of all types and scales. What’s more, we are more than capable of dealing with unforeseen challenges and complications that can crop up in a standard light fixture replacement procedure.
- We have the tools and knowledge to ensure that your light fixtures are replaced safely, efficiently, and effectively. Particularly, if you are a family with young kids, safety is paramount…and we make sure the process of installation is safe and the installed fixture is securely fixed so as not to pose any danger to rambunctious little ones in the home.
- We make your light fixture replacing experience a smooth, hassle-free one. While you might be able to do it yourself, the fact is, it would take a considerable amount of time, energy, and hassle, with no guarantee that the job done is a quality, safe installation. With us, you can rest assured that the job will be done immediately, quickly, and will be compliant with the highest safety standards.
- We keep our prices competitive- among the lowest in the market- so you don’t have to worry about denting your budget when hiring us for the job.
Please give us a call for your next light fixture replacement job. We promise to get the job done quickly, efficiently, and place your mind at ease!